Material Submission Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into as of this day by and betweenLessons from Beyond (“Lessons”), and (“Submitter”). Whereas Submitter wishes to submit material to Lessons from Beyond.
Whereas Lessons from Beyond will not consider any submission unless it is submitted subject to the terms of this Agreement, and Lessons from Beyond may compensate submitters by featuring their material in an upcoming book, motion picture, television, video, internet site or any type of format.
Now, Therefore, in consideration of the covenants set forth herein, and for other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree:
- The Submitter agrees that: (a) the Submitter’s material is submitted gratuitously and without expectation of compensation and will automatically become the property of Lessons from Beyond without any compensation to Submitter; and (b)Lessons from Beyond can use the stories for any purpose and in any way and may provide the stories to third parties without any obligation or compensation to Submitter whatsoever.
- Lessons from Beyond does not wish to receive or hold any submitted materials in confidence. No confidential relationship is to be established between the Submitter and Lessons from Beyond by any submission or is such a relationship to be implied from consideration of the submitted material, and the material is not to be considered to be submitted “in confidence.”
- Lessons from Beyond makes no commitment that the material submitted shall be kept a secret and it may be necessary to refer a submission to a number of persons at Lessons from Beyond or at third parties, such as vendors, who have business dealings with Lessons from Beyond.
- By considering submitted material, Lessons from Beyond does not obligate itself to pay any compensation whatsoever for its use of material. The Submitter by this Agreement grants all rights to Lessons from Beyond. Lessons from Beyond shall have the unrestricted right to use and disclose any submitted stories and material.
- All stories or suggestions must be submitted to Lessons from Beyond in writing. Lessons from Beyond shall be under no obligation to return any material submitted. Submitter should therefore keep the originals or a duplicate copy for his/her own records.
- Any submissions sent via email, fax, phone, or mail will also be bound by this agreement.
- The Submitter represents that no other party, including a previous or present employer has any rights with respect to the submitted material.
- Any prior submissions are merged into and superseded by these terms and may not be modified except in writing, signed by an officer of Lessons from Beyond.
- This Agreement and the relationship established hereunder shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles.